DPWT Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips on aerials?

5 posters

Go down

Tips on aerials? Empty Tips on aerials?

Post  K Harper Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:11 pm

Does anyone know of any good tips on how to get aerials? I can do it once in a while but I want more consistency. Thanks
K Harper
K Harper

Back to top Go down

Tips on aerials? Empty Re: Tips on aerials?

Post  AznBryBry Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:47 pm

Since you have already gotten aerials the best way to be consistent is to visualize yourself doing it first. Once you have gotten one on the floor remember how it felt when you hit the aerial. If you don't hit it again take a few moments to visualize yourself doing the aerial again. Visualizing works pretty well for me and that is what I did to get consistent aerials. One more tip that can help you get consistent aerials is...jump higher ^_^
AznBryBry
AznBryBry

Back to top Go down

Post  Almond Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:02 pm

I agree that visualization is key! I have also found with aerials that you cant doubt yourself. If you doubt yourself, then you hold back to some degree and if you hold back then you will not make it around. If you take the time to visualize and have confidence going into the move I think that it will help you to hit it consistently.

Almond
Almond

Back to top Go down

Post  freezee Thu May 12, 2011 1:53 pm

think about the key components of an aerial before you go for it. get that leg out in front of you so you can really push off, kick your back leg up STRAIGHT as hard as you can, face forwards and don't let your head go down. practice a few kicks first, get your body in the mode. then, what works best for me is after i've pictured all of it just go all out. if you don't go 100%, you won't get it right.
freezee
freezee

Back to top Go down

Post  Chulong Sat May 14, 2011 10:34 pm

something that really helps me is focusing on how your upper body is when you go for the aerial. if you go down twisted, it will either end in failure or you'll do a circus aerial, but if you are square to the ground, you will go higher and it will look better.
Chulong
Chulong
Admin

http://www.osuwushu.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum