DPWT Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landing on the same leg?

3 posters

Go down

Landing on the same leg? Empty Landing on the same leg?

Post  Chulong Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:50 pm

So I've seen aman do this in gymnastics... but I can't seem to get the leg speed to do it. Are there any pointers anyone knows of other than just moving your leg up and down faster? Then again... I can't even get 360 tornado yet... so maybe I need to work on that first Razz
Chulong
Chulong
Admin

http://www.osuwushu.net

Back to top Go down

Landing on the same leg? Empty Re: Landing on the same leg?

Post  Almond Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:51 pm

I think you need to make sure that you have a solid 360 to horse before you start attempting a one legged landing. To pull of the one legged properly you need to be able to rotate more than 360 degrees. I have seen a some people trying to pull of the single leg landing with not enough rotation and there is a whole lot of impact coming straight down on that one leg, it seems like a recipe for a knee injury.
Almond
Almond

Back to top Go down

Post  AznBryBry Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:14 pm

Jump higher
AznBryBry
AznBryBry

Back to top Go down

Post  Almond Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:42 pm

Some things about the tornado kick, because this one is frustrating me at the moment. Number one make sure that you throw your arms during your take off, and as soon as you slap, your right arm punches around towards your left shoulder and wraps close to your body. This helps your body get the rotation it needs.

Also, you need to make sure that your run is right. The first two steps build up some momentum and speed, and the last two steps should be fast like you are stepping on hot coals. I was making the mistake of dipping too much on my last two steps and I was told to make sure to 'get low' on the third step, so that the forth and final step could just be used to just propel me into the air as hard as it can.

Also, keep your back straight up and down,no leaning forward.

And the kick, much like the standing outside should not be a huge arc, but like a diagonal to your left shoulder- and then immediately after slap pull down hard and close your body for rotation.
Almond
Almond

Back to top Go down

Post  AznBryBry Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:03 pm

Also... JUMP HIGHER ^_^
AznBryBry
AznBryBry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum