DPWT Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wushu Bloopers

3 posters

Go down

Wushu Bloopers Empty Wushu Bloopers

Post  AznBryBry Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:29 pm

At least one of the things that have happened in the video has happened to you. Laughing
AznBryBry
AznBryBry

Back to top Go down

Wushu Bloopers Empty I've had some bad ones

Post  WushuMonster Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:37 am

My worst:

-In Battle of Columbus I did my chang quan routine and immediately sprinted out of the ring and to the restroom so I could throw up.

-In Washington D.C., I did my staff form and performed it extremely well... but when I finished I realized I was facing the wrong way and had forgotten an entire section of my routine. My next event was chang quan and that's when I tore my ACL and meniscus. Great way to end my chang quan career, lol.

-Earlier that year I competed in Shanghai. I put my foot down doing a pretty simple balance, and I think I did the same thing during my staff form. The biggest blooper though was when I did a two person sparring routine with my coach. We did spear vs. broadsword, where I was using the spear. I got too close on a stab and took out his earring, lol. He got ticked and started swinging at me pretty hard with the broadsword, and our sparring set started feeling a bit real. Our form ended with him getting me pretty good with a side thrust kick, sending me stumbling back onto my ass :-P It was embarrassing, but the crowd seemed to enjoy it.

WushuMonster

Back to top Go down

Wushu Bloopers Empty Re: Wushu Bloopers

Post  Almond Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:59 pm

That sounds pretty rough, Brad! I found the story about the 2 man set with your coach pretty funny though...I can definitely see something like that happening. Bryan and I have both ended up bleeding after Simran get's through with us in our 3 man set.

I remember puking after training full sets back to back for the Berkely competition when all i had to drink was a large energy drink (that was a pretty stupid idea)

Also, after coming out of an aerial twist and hearing having my knee keep twisting and hearing the dreaded pops like bubble wrap on my MCL...That was a very unpleasant experience!
Almond
Almond

Back to top Go down

Wushu Bloopers Empty Re: Wushu Bloopers

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down